Cieux

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Vishakapatnam

Some places are really awesome that you fall in love with them when you first see them. Here's one city of that kind. The silvery sands on the beaches, the hills you see around, the movie halls, the university with old buildings, the eat outs, the roads (for some reason the 5 road junction fascinates me, wonder how they planned it) and the 24km ride from the city to a small fishing own called Bheemunipatnam. Lots of interesting places around this really beautiful city.

My trip to this "beach city" is kinda memorable. It was a sunny March morning and the railway station seemed like some desterted place. I always thought Vishakapatnam was a really big city but this station gave me ideas. I hire an auto to my friend's place and I see how big the city is. Ya, is kinda old but definitely not in the lines of Chennai or Hyderabad. I had to go to Andhra University where I had some work. I was really excited because the university is supposed to have really old buildings. I kinda love old buildings. The University is on the Northern end of the city. It has a really huge campus. I was really happy to see those old roads with trees on the sidewalks and all. The campus had a huge greenery. Its worth spending sometime down there and dreaming about studying in such a college.



After this one would go to the beach. The coastline along the city is really fantastic. The beach inside the city is called R.K. Beach. There is a Ramakrishna Mutt located on this beach drive. It is kinda attracive for an average tourist with the Submarine Museum and VUDA (Vishakapatnam Urban Development Authority) Park with boating and some small amusement park. But there are better places to look into. Basiclly the city is too crowded and irritating and after realzsing this I went off the city along the coastline.

And I see the beaches to my right and hills to the left on this prety good curvy road. After riding a stretch of a kilometre I see a small park facing the sea. Not so crowded so really amazing. Go up the stairs and you get a clear view of the unbelievable amazing and beautiful coastline. The stairs down lead to the shore, with some rocks and comaparitively clear water (comparing to Chennai and Pondicherry). Walking northwards on this shore can be bad idea since it gets dirty on the middle. I would suggest a nap here in this park. Btw its called Thenneti Park.

And while riding towards this park we see a cable car station. The cable car goes up the hill which has a globe kinda thing on it. This hill is called Kailashgiri, dont know wtf the globe thing is. TThere is a road also leading to the top. Its just a small hill with some ShivParvathi idol on the top. Nothing muchs. But the view of the entire city you get from here is not worth missing, and even the coastline you can see from this hill is heartwarming. Actually even this place is crowded, so its better to peep in and leave off.



On riding further, you're in the middle of a really scenic road. Hills on the right and the sea on the left, with pretty clear water. After a 15 minute ride you see this really sucky college called GITAM. Please ignore it and go further looking to the right.

This hill you must be seeing on the right almost opposite to GITAM is Rushikonda. Its a hill just adjacent to the sea. There are few restaurants on the top, quite good to hang out and all provided its not crowded. The view from this hill is good too. Can relax in those really sands if the weather is good.



And from this place, on riding further north, the beaches get more beautiful. Supposedly you can see dolphins on this route. The beach near INS Kalinga is too good, never miss this place if u go to Vishakapatnam. And after a 18 km ride, you get to a small fishing town Bheemunipatnam. Go here with your fuel tank loaded, this place doesnt have a gas station (I had to buy a bottle of petrol for the kinetic and it was 5 bucks dearer. . .hehe). Just before you reach this town there's a small hilltop temple. Its quite awesome. Going further in, you see this really old market with a clock tower which says "1789". The streets are really beautiful. They give you some really happy feeling (atleast i got it). There's a beach here, with really weird statues, but its really awesome. The Portuguese Cemetery is really old and reminds you of those you see in the movies, can spend some really lonely time here. Its damn silent except for the roars of the beach.
Vishakapatnam has the beaches, the hills, the eat outs. But I personally feel the pple are kinda senseles (no offence, personal experiences). I found Bheemunipatnam pple better. They're really nice. I think you'll start thinking about a retired life in Bheemunipatnam after this trip. Missing Bheemunipatnam while visiting Vishakapatnam is like not having Haleem after going to Hyderabad during the Ramadhan month.

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 AM  

  • how many people have u met from vizag to term them as sense les!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 AM  

  • DUDE FuCKING start posting again...plzzzzzzz

    By Blogger hUmtydUMty, at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home